[imp] Attachemnt Problem ...

Chris Hastie lists@oak-wood.co.uk
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:41:28 +0100

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Mac Table <mactable@yahoo.com> wrote

>--- Chris Hastie <lists@oak-wood.co.uk> wrote:
>> I haven't done extensive testing to discover to how
>> many people a
>> message composed in IMP with a jpg attachment is,
>> but it certainly isn't
>> viewable here on my main MUA. I get a warning about
>> invalid characters
>> in the Base64 encoding.
>
>Yes, me too!
>
>and do you mean that it is the problem caused by
>Postfix ?

Possibly more accurate would be 'not solved by postfix', but I wouldn't
swear to this.

I suspect IMP is generating messages with incorrect line termination
characters for mail (should by CR/LF) and Postfix is happily passing
these on.

The address that gives me problems is one where Postfix sends the
message straight to the MUA using SMTP. If I use an address whereby
Postfix delivers locally and the MUA (same MUA) collects the message by
POP3 (served by QPopper) the message is fine.

Passing the whole thing through another, windows based MTA (Mailtraq)
before delivering to the MUA by SMTP also solves the problem. So I'm
pretty convinced this is a line ending issue, which will likely affect
all binary attachments.
--
Chris Hastie