[imp] How to set noCache for horde/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX? -- still a problem.

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:51:00 -0500

> Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:
>
> > There is a SSL Accelerator device which sits between the user and
> > the
> > server.  Suggestions for how to assess how this device is
> > interfering? There is no other proxy server that is involved. I
> > have tested it myself.
>
> Short of some means of debugging the accelerator itself, set up a
> test instance of IMP that bypasses SSL.

Allow me to recap the problem I am seeing, it has been a couple of
days:

Users are caching the INBOX page when they log in. Then, if they
click the INBOX link in the upper navigation bar, they see the INBOX
as it was when they first logged in.

To test if the SSL Accelarator was causing a problem, I set up
another instance of apache, by copying the apache source tree,
reinstalling apache with the exact configuration over the copied
source tree ( I don't know of any other way to duplicate apache run
into a different tree, if someone knows this please reply privately
off-list ).  I set the port to an alternate port, and turned off the
SSL in horde/config/horde.php.  And I still see the same problem.

For example, I open my email account. There are no unread messages.
I select three messages and mark them as "Unseen".  But, when I click
the upper navigation bar "INBOX" there are no unread message in the
mailbox. If I click the '"Open Folder" INBOX ' link, I see the three
messages marked as Unseen. I only see the request for the css.php
file in the apache/logs/access_log when I click on the nav. bar
"INBOX" link:

129.81.119.25 - - [03/Jul/2002:14:40:32 -0500] "GET
/horde/css.php?app=imp HTTP/1.1" 200 2993

Meaning the client isn't requesting the page again.  How do I check
from the client side what cache flags are set for the page?

Thanks for any suggestions about how to eliminate this problem. It
seems that there must be something that I have done in my apache or
php configuration that is causing this. Otherwise, everyone else
would be complaining about it.

Christopher Crowley
TIS Network Services
Tulane University