[imp] Re: DB Error: connect failed

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 07:19:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Faruk Ahmed <faruk@actionaid-bd.org> wrote:

> I have installed and configured horde by following horde-2.0-1.README -
> installed exact version of rpms on RedHat 7.0.

OK... though Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1 etc. are out now...

> After installation and configuration, when I go for log in to
> http://my.web.domain/horde/imp or http://my.web.domain/horde I get an
> error message -
>
> "A fatal error has occurred:
>
> DB Error: connect failed
>
> [line 102 of /var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]
>
> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>
> I can connect mysql from linux server.

Double-check all the database configuration values in your config. files
to make sure you have the right host/user/password values in there.  Turn
on database logging and make sure you can see Horde/IMP trying to connect.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html