[imp] interesting folder problem w/ imp 3.1.

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:42:07 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, this is kinda long, and I've not been able to replicate it, but I
thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else has seen similar behavior.
One of our helpdesk workers reported that when she'd saved a draft
message, IMP created the drafts folder (as it should if she didn't have
one), but the copied all of the mail from the folder preceding it
alphabetically into the drafts folder.

It sounds kind of weird, but considering some of the other folder problems
people have reported, I thought I'd ask.

Anyone else see this?  See the attached message trail if you're
interested.

Liam

To:      webmaster@umich.edu
From:    someone at the umich helpdesk..
Date:    Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:50:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Webmaster Feedback Form email
-------  -------------

You know, it's possible that it happens occasionally but it would only be
discovered if you happened to open that Drafts folder.  I was curious about
what it contained because I hadn't noticed that folder and didn't think I
had created it.  That's the only reason I saw what had happened.

Of course, later in the day, when I ran through a similar scenario it
didn't happen.  So I don't think it's a consistent event.  But, for the
record, the creation of the Drafts folder seemed to include copies of the
contents of the IMAP folder directly above it (in alphabetical order).

Margarete