[imp] Re: new question

Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:57:22 -0500

Quoting Wout van Oostrum <wout@csfr.nl>:

> Is there an option to keep a copy of all sent items in a folder like 'sent
> items'?

If using IMAP then yes.  If using POP3 then no.

> The only possibility to create folders is IN the Inbox, not at the same
> level as Inbox.

This depends on your IMAP server, not on IMP.  You need to learn how your
IMAP server works.

> The problem than is that (in the webmail I didn't see any
> option for this) in (e.g.) Outlook you can specify a IMAP-folder for sent
> items, but that's impossible, because it doesn't accept a folder one level
> deeper than the Inbox.

You can set up a sent-mail folder no problem.  Whether it is one level deeper
or not shouldn't matter, and is up to you and/or your IMAP server.

How to set up the sent-mail folder depends on which versions of IMP you run.

> It's nice to know what you've sent before and I think more people think so.

Yes, in fact I (and a lot of people) do just that.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage