[imp] Login with Emailadress

Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:30:05 -0500

Quoting Jan Johansson <jan.johansson@viking-telecom.com>:

> > Hello All,
> >
> > is there any possibility to login into imp (horde) with your
> > emailadress,
> > not with the userid!
>
> Depends on your IMAP server if you are using IMP to auth to horde. I use this
> method with courier/mySQL without problem.

You *can* do it independent of IMAP server, but it may take some work.
You can use the hook calls in IMP to munge the entered username/address
as needed for your setup.  But how to do this depends on your mail software
and on your goals in doing so.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage