[imp] wrapping Chinese text

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:08:07 +0200

Zitat von Wenzhuo Zhang <wenzhuo@zhmail.com>:

> Usually, spaces are not used to separate words/sentences in Chinese. So
> wordwrap does not work as expected for Chinese text. The following patch
> is an effort to wrap Chinese text when replying messages.

I wasn't able to verify if this patch works, but at least it does no harm to
other charsets. Please check with the HEAD version from cvs if work there too.

Unfortunately there is no mbstring version of wordwrap, that would have been
the cleanest way to fix it. Perhaps you can put some effort in bringing
wordwrap() to PHP's mbstring extension.

Jan.