[imp] Whats going on here?

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:47:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Dan McCullough <dmccullough@garnethill.com>:
>
> > Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> > started at /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:296) in
> > /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/phplib/session.inc on line 407
>
> You inserted a blank line, outside of <?php ?> tags, right where it's
> telling you that you did.

I've gotten similar reports (different files) from users who can't
reliably reproduce whatever's causing it.  Is it possible that the problem
here is that db.mysql:296 generated an error, php.ini has
display_errors=on, and outputting the error generated a header?

i.e.

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/local/horde-2.1/imp-3.1/message.php:330) in
/usr/local/horde-2.1/imp-3.1/message.php on line 417

This was definitely not caused by a badly edited message.php, as it can't
reliably be reproduced.  I've just set display_errors=off and set php to
syslog errors instead, which I suspect will fix this header issue, but not
the actual root of the problem.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |