[imp]deleting sent-mail or Trash

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi@edu.vantaa.fi
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:22:17 +0300

Lainaus Thomas -Balu- Walter <tw@itreff.de>:

> Hm - I didn't meant _those_ folders, but folders that are referenced
> in settings e.g. - sent-mail, draft, trash,...

Well, yes, maybe it would be good if there was a warning like "you have
selected this folder as your sent-mail/drafts/trash folder, are you
really sure you want to delete this?" or something similar.

But keep on mind that you really can't prevent the deletion of the
folders - even if you do it in IMP a user could still use some other
IMAP client to delete the folders. I think what just needs to be done
is to make sure the situation (folder specified in settings is deleted)
is handled correctly - and I think IMP handles it already quite well.

(I didn't have any problems deleting the sent-mail folder even I have
selected it in identity settings. Same for trash folder. (We use CVS
RELENG version here, fairly up-to-date.))

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi