[imp] How does refreshing folder views affect session?

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:08:30 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Zitat von Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:
>
> > In IMP 3.1, if a user sets his preferences to automatically refresh
> > his folder views every 5 minutes, and sets the pop-up notification.
> > Does PHP see this as keeping the session active, so that the session
> > is not marked for garbage collection?
>
> While the folder screen refreshes the session stays active. But as soon as a
> popup window appears, the refreshing stops and the session times out.

Really?  In the IMP display, it keeps refreshing even after the popup alert.
I just keep getting a pile of alerts if I go away and leave it running...
Is it different in the Folders view?

I note that once I launch the compose popup, then the updates seem to
stop until I finish the compose...  Kind of like what you describe...

I'm just a slight bit confused by it all really...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage