[imp] Bugs or configuration errors?

Chris Hastie lists@oak-wood.co.uk
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:55:53 +0100

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org> wrote
>Zitat von Chris Hastie <lists@oak-wood.co.uk>:
>

>> I had a look at the raw IMAP responses from the server to make sure it
>> wasn't a server thing and everything looks normal to me. Outlook Express
>> seems to agree, though that is hardly a recommendation ;)
>>
>> I should clarify how the problem appears in IMP. The drop down option
>> boxes list show 'chris' with no 'filed' child, whilst 'chris.hastie' has
>> two. The check boxes on the search page do similar. BUT the folder
>> navigation page displays correctly when expanded. I do have around 150
>> folders, if that makes any difference.
>
>Try if you can reproduce it on a test account with less folders, and if so,
>provide us with exact steps how to reproduce it.

OK, I had a go at this. I can reproduce the problem. This is the result
of a LIST on the test account on which I have reproduced it:

|a05 LIST "" ""
|* LIST (\Noselect) "/" /
|a05 OK LIST completed
|a06 LIST "" *
|* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Inbox
|* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Wastebasket
|* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Outbox
|* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Drafts
|* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Filed
|* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Inbox/firstname
|* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Inbox/firstname.surname
|* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Inbox/firstname/filed
|* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Inbox/firstname.surname/filed
|a06 OK LIST completed

is that any help?

>Btw, what imap server did
>you have?

The IMAP server is Turnpike 6.02. This is essentially a MUA with
excellent folder routing and a host of other good features. It also
incorporates an IMAP server to make it's folders available to other
clients via IMAP. So Turnpike is my primary choice of MUA if I'm sat
here at my desk, with IMP giving me the ability to get at my Turnpike
sorted mail from elsewhere. I realise this probably isn't helpful to you
as it's obscure and you've probably never come across it. TP developers
do tend to put great store by being RFC compliant though.

--
Chris Hastie