[imp] Cert Verification imap ssl

Craig A Lewis clewis@math.unm.edu
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:20:03 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I have imp working. This would be roughly the latest
versions as I downloaded horde, imp, turba, and maybe
other things about a week ago. (pear too)

I of course had to rebuild php. I think I have everything
done right because if I have
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
imp, horde, the login process, web mail all seem to work
fine. If I have
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl',
The login fails and I get a horde.log error message like....
Jul 17 08:02:30 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 64.106.38.78 to
www.math.unm.edu:993[imap/ssl] as gregorio [on line 270 of
"/math/system/web/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

I do not however get a failed login from imap(syslog). I know imap
ssl is configured correctly, because we don't have port 143
open, only port 993. All our mail clients such as outlook, netscape,
pine which connect to our imaps server work fine. If one
of these email clients, such as netscape fails login to
imaps I get a syslog error on the server. This is what
I am saying I am not getting from the failed login to imaps
from IMP. Furthermore, the line 270 above as best as I understand
is just the point in the script that logs the error. So
I don't really know how to start trouble shooting this short
of trying to snoop the connection. I know within reason that
my certificate is set up correctly, because if I move it or
modify the permissions on it, all my imaps clients will
start popping up a dialog box that claims they can't verify
the authenticity of www.math.unm.edu. (or something very similar
to that). I also verified that if I goof the password in
imp with novalidate-cert set, then I do get a syslog
failed login on the server. So, this means to me that
imp never connects to my imaps port? Thus can I deduce
the problem is within IMPs ability to contact  an
appropriate list of certificate authorities? Or perhaps
connets, has a problem with the CERT, disconnects?

I have another question. When I change the language pull down
menu to some other language, say japanese, and then log in,
everything looks the same, all buttons and labels are still
in english. Does this mean I broke something, or is this what
is to be expected until I compile in my own translations?
(in IMP)

--
[_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_]

Craig Lewis     505 277 6068      help@math.unm.edu
UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
COMPUTER SYSTEMS SUPPORT
Humanities Building Office 415
Albuquerque, NM 87131