[imp] Windows XP caches login credentials.

Marcus I. Ryan marcus@riboflavin.net
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:04:18 -0500

This message is in MIME format.

It should remain the client's responsibility because it is not a
security problem with the Horde software itself.  If we put the code in
to "fix" this "problem" (a feature that was added to Mozilla, IE, etc.,
by popular demand), then we still only help the admin with regards to
the site he/she sets up, not the REAL problem of how their clients are
configured.  If it's a risk with our site, it's a risk with others and
the clients' admins need to fix it where the real problem lies - the
clients.  Otherwise, we're potentially masking a problem they might not
know about - "but we didn't have that problem with Horde...why is
Hotmail doing it?".  I agree we should put a warning in the
documentation, maybe even in the configuration file.  I do not think we
should change the source code whatsoever.

--
Marcus I. Ryan, marcus@riboflavin.net
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-keys
Size: 994 bytes