[imp] Preferences Suggestion... (for thread view)

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:30:22 -0500

I like that you've given IMP a threaded view.  This is especially neat for
getting a different view of lists such as this one.

However, I've noticed that the default number of chars that IMP will display in
the subject column is not an editable preference.  Normally this is not a big
deal... but in thread view many subjects get squeezed to a point where only a
few words show.

I think this would be a nice addition to the user prefs.  So depending on
favorite browser window size it could be changed to match.

Granted in a thread all the subjects are the same by nature... but it still
seems a bit 'unclean' to compress them that much.

If this does get implemented... might I also suggest a physical limit on this
setting... settings "too" large could be quite a burden to servers... especially
if done intentionally.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com