[imp] imp 2.2.8 / php 4.1.2 / and spelling.php3

Daniel Wyss Daniel.Wyss@colorado.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:54:40 -0600

I hate to bring up issues with the older version of IMP 2.2.8/Horde =
1.2.8 so
please except my apologies ahead of time. Unfortunately we can't upgrade =
the newer version for a couple of more months and I would like to know =
if
anyone has been able to resolve the following issue with ispell and php
4.1.2? Specifically, it appears to be an issue with spelling.php3 and =
the
estrtok() function. I have removed all the characters with the exception =
of
a space in the $separators field in line 108. This fixes the mangled =
output,
however, it does not mark misspelled words that are adjacent to any of =
the
separators. Anyway, here is a posting that describes the problem from an
end-user perspective.

Thread link: =
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dimp&m=3D101726315604988&w=3D2

<POSTING>=20

My problem is this:
When you run spell check the output gets garbled.

for example if you put in this as your compose message:
This is a test message. This is a misspelt werd.

it prints out in the popup window:
This is a test message.Thisiisia misspeltlwerdrd.

I also noticed if you dont have any puncuation it seems to be ok
so if you put in this:
This is a test message This is a misspelt werd

it prints out this in the popup window:
This is a test message This is a misspelt werd

This problem showed up immediatly after upgrading from php-4.0.5 to
php-4.1.2

I did not change my php.ini and a diff of my current php.ini and the
php.ini.dist for php-4.1.2 doesnot show any signifigant diffrences (like
new options that need to be set to make this work or something)

Anybody have any ideas on whats happening?
What have i over looked.

Thanks for the help,
-Jacob Rush

</POSTING>

Thanks,
Daniel Wyss

Daniel Wyss
IT PRO, Central and Unix Services
Information Technology Services =20
University of Colorado, Boulder              =20
3645 Marine St, CB 455=20
Boulder, CO 80309-0455
Voice: (303) 492-6464

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...