patch for search (Was Re: [imp] Search, then select, doesn't do anything to the last item)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:19:38 -0400

Quoting Sheeri Kritzer <sheeri.kritzer@tufts.edu>:

> So, the "patch" for having a popup return instead of a blank window
> (note, this is a hack; it still does a bunch of processing, but because
> of the way it's written, this was the fastest solution.  Basically,
> instead of saying "no matches to your search" in mailbox.php, I redirect
> to search.php, and I added a javascript popup to that.  This is awful,
> but it makes our users happy -- additions and revisions are more than
> welcome.  Known bugs:  if you click on search when you're within a search
> it will say "no matches" because the "patch" just looks if you're coming
> from the search page.  As I said, better patches are welcome.)

I just committed a change to HEAD that redirects back to the search page,
with a message displayed, when there are no search results. How does that
work for you?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>