[imp] Access to imp with ssl

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:07:26 -0500

Quoting salvador morgane <msalvador@exaprobe.com>:

> I just want to configure that users connect to IMP using https instead
> of http.

Good idea.

> Discussing with one collegue, he told me I just had to change my virtual
> host. Shall I also reconfigure IMP ?

It will probably work without changes to your horde/imp setup.  but there
is one horde setting that is good to set also, in horde/config/conf.php
(formerly called horde/conf/horde.php I think, depending on version???)

// Determines how we generate full URLs (for location headers and
// such). Possible values are:
//   0 - Assume that we are not using SSL and never generate https URLS.
//   1 - Assume that we are using SSL and always generate https URLS.
//   2 - Attempt to auto-detect, and generate URLs appropriately.
$conf['use_ssl'] = 2;

It defaults to auto-detect, but if you want to make sure it works all
the time you can set it to "1" instead.

You may need to make some tweaks to your web server to get things working
well -- see the list archives for info if you have any problems.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage