[imp] Bad return user - answer

Craig Coles CColes@keylabs.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:25:31 -0600

With the help of Scott Carr, thanks Scott, I found a solution.  Turns out
the www-data user that is originating the mail message through the web
server needed to be added to the SMTP servers list of trusted users.

- Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Coles [mailto:CColes@keylabs.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 2:48 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] Bad return user

The user that my web server runs as is www-data and this is the user that
gets reported as being the sender, in the message header, of all outgoing
messages.

I have a list server that I am trying to subscribe to that seems to be
sending the confirmation to www-data <www-data@myhost.com> instead of the
return address.  Is there a way to set which user gets used in the header?

-Craig