[imp] [Re: Question re: the imp mailing list. (fwd)]

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:44:00 -0400

----- Forwarded message from Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org> -----

Greetings.  I've searched far and wide for this problem, but haven't found
exact replications, or answers. Please forgive me if this is a known
problem, and I am just somehow grievously stupid.

I installed IMP 3.1 and horde 2.1 today as a result of another imp server
dying.  I've gotten the new IMP system up and running:  It connects to the
mail server via IMAP, allows you to send mail, etc.  However, it shows all
folders in the system as being empty. No messages. You can pull down all
your folders from the list, and enter each one, but they are almost always
empty. Sometimes, however, there will appear a fraction of the messages in
the folder. For example, I have one folder with over 6000 messages, and
about 6 messages appear.  When you try to click on any of the messages, so
you can read them, it merely states there was a problem trying to open the
message.

Now, I've tried completely re-configuring, tweaking my servers, configs,
and all that, and I have found nothing. I've upgraded the imap server on
my mail server, the imap stuff on the local host, but to no avail. One can
connect with other mail clients fine, and see all necessary folders.

Please assist.  I've lost a lot of hair, and I'm going nvts...

Thank you.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)