[imp] Extremely weird time() behavior after using IMP

Ryan Grove ryan@wonko.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 05:31:25 +0100

I recently installed Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1 on my web server. I'm running Apache
1.3.26 with PHP 4.2.2 and MySQL 4.0.2 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

After logging into IMP for the first time, I noticed that from that point on,
any call to PHP's time() function from any page on my site returned a time value
exactly sixteen hours in the future. When I restart Apache (which restarts PHP
as well), this goes away. But as soon as I log into IMP, the problem returns.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug in IMP or PHP? It's causing me endless
problems, since most of the pages on my site (especially uptimes.wonko.com) are
*VERY* dependant on having the correct timestamp. Any advice on the matter would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Ryan Grove
ryan@wonko.com