[imp] Attachments not working.

tomc@teamics.com tomc@teamics.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:39:26 -0500

I wonder if this is not a system problem.  There is a limit in horde and
another in apache that govern how long any single transaction can take in
seconds.  You might try looking into these.

I use sendmail myself (old school thing) so I can't comment on qmail (other
than misguided slurs about products I don't know), but check the qmail docs
to see if qmail has adjustable limits on attachments, chunking, etc.

Bear in mind that uuencode and mime  increase attachment file size by 33%.
The actual attachment size in the email system is always larger than the
file uploaded, so a 3mb file will create a 4mb attachment.

Some mime errors were reported for attachments larger than 3mb on another
newsgroup but I can't find it now.   This is worth searching for because
the writer described a session which never completed.

Hopefully this gives you some other avenues to research.  I will try to
find that mime reference on attachment problems.

tc

                    Corneliu MUSAT
                    <cmusat@tiamat.ke       To:     imp@lists.horde.org
                    ysys.ro>                cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Re: [imp] Attachments not working.
                    imp-bounces@lists
                    .horde.org

                    07/29/02 07:24 AM

Hi,

I have a similar problem too.

My setup is:

Q-mail 1.03
vpopmail 5.2.1
Courier IMAP 1.4.6
Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1

I can send attachements up to 3MB (tried with 2,7M and it worked) without
any
problem ! But if the attachement size is 3MB or larger, when I hit <Send
Message> The browser tells me:

OPERA 6.1
Connection closed by remote server.

Konqueror 3.0.0 (KDE 3)

An error occured while loading
http://q.keysys.ro/horde/imp/compose.php?uniq=1456868493d4509e5b68771027939223702:

Connection to host q.keysys.ro is broken

Internet Explorer
*************************************
Cannot find server or DNS error

(If I hit Send Message again ... the message gets sent with the attachement
wich have 0 Bytes)

In php.ini I have the following:

upload_max_filesize=16M

Any idea ?