[imp] Losing track of message ID?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:42:13 -0600

Quoting gpreston@ycp.edu:

| Has anybody else experienced a problem like this?  It happens when
| viewing
| messages in a folder that has well over a few hundred emails in it and
| the list
| is sorted in descending order.  When viewing the most recent mails (so
| the ones
| on the last page) a user may delete a few mails, then purge them, and
| when
| clicking on a newly received message, an error similar to the following
| occurs:

I, personally, have also encountered these types of problems very, very
intermittently with IMP 3.1.  It most likely has to do with the paging
and/or mail index logic.  Since not everyone has reported seeing these
problems, it might also have something to do with the IMAP setup or
something along those lines.

The best solution is to rewrite the mail indexing logic.  This I have
actually done (In CVS).  I have had no problems with any undefined index
errors since I rewrote the code.  However, this will probably (= most
likely) not be backported to the IMP 3.x branch since it depends on a
multitude of other changes (which, in turn, rely on stuff that would break
backward compatability...).

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder