[imp] How to specify HELO address ??

Derek J. Balling dredd@megacity.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:40:13 -0400

This appears to be set in /usr/share/pear/Net/SMTP.php on my system:

         /**
      * The value to give when sending EHLO or HELO.
      * @var string
      */
         var $localhost = 'localhost';

Which, to me, is a bug in that code, because it should be determining
the gethostbyaddr() for itself, etc.  Using localhost in SMTP any time
other than when connecting to localhost, is invalid.