[imp] Timezone Behavior

Keith Hatfull keith@hatfull.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:01:21 -0500

Hi,

Just installed Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1 on the following configuration:

Windows 2000 Server
PHP 4.2.2
Xitami Webserver v2.4d9
MySQL 3.23.51

All seems to work ok, except for the oft reported timezone problem.

My timezone is set in my preferences as America/Chicago and the preference
persists bewteen logins.  The time of last login is displayed correctly but
the time in the compose window as well as the timestamps of all e-mails are
18 hours off....should be 23:45 as I type this, IMP shows 5:45.

Also, I did try setting the timezone and locking it in prefs.php...same
behavior.

Alas, it sure would be nice if the timezone worked properly.  Incidentally,
phpinfo() shows the correct time.

Any clues?  This actually works real well under Xitami, which surprised me.

Thanks,

Keith Hatfull
keith at hatfull dot net