Fw: Re: [imp] Fwd: I need some Help...

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:28:50 -0500

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> | We don't support uuencoding.
>
> Should we?  (Although I don't think uuencoding is in the RFC).
>
> michael

uuencoding is not part of MIME.  So it is not in the MIME RFC.
But it is in other RFC's.

What you will find is that there is no real standard for uuencode
attachments in email.  If you take this on, be prepared to have to
tweak it from time to time.

I think it is worth doing, but not a deal breaker.  It is not mime,
and in fact there is no well defined standard for uuencoded email
"attachments" per se.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage