[imp] Disabling Session Timeout

Henry Blackman h.blackman@chester.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:50:35 +0100

We've always had problems with our session timeout.  I actually wrote a
MySQL handler for PHP sessions so that any access to the data reset the
timer, rather than only updating the data (ie. session variables)
resetting the timer.

You could always use 0 as the timeout which would allow the session to
last as long as the browser window is open.  Or setting it to a really
large number (like 44444444444) which would mean it lasts for days.
This may well be a security risk however!