[imp] Disabling Session Timeout

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg@Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:05:32 +0100

gpreston@ycp.edu wrote:
> Could you let me know which file I'd have to modify in order to change the
> timeout to 0?  I can't seem to find a reference to the timeout length in any
> files within my /web/htdocs/horde directory and subdirectories.

I would also be interested in an answer to this. The question was
recently brought up by one of our users here and all I found out so far
is that there are several session timeout related settings in php.ini like

session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.cache_expire = 180

But the exact meaning of these parameters is still unclear to me.

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                 Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                       E-Mail: Roderburg@rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany