[imp] filter is not functioning in CVS :)

Michael Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:31:37 +0100

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:
>
> | This fixes everything for me:
> |
> | -            $query = 'UNDELETED OR';
> | +            $query = 'UNDELETED';
> |              foreach ($fields as $field) {
> |                  $query .= ' ' . strtoupper($field) . ' "' . $text . '"';
> |              }

Okay :-) I was a works for me kinda patch.

> If someone could give me an example of a filter that doesn't work, that
> would be great.  My filters all look like this:

All my previous filters stopped working with your commit. They are all just
basic filters like:
Move messages to the Lists/Horde/Dev folder where the Subject: header contains [dev]

When filters are applied the imap_search call on line 285 of lib/Filter.php
returns false. So my figuring was that the query is not formed correctly in some
way.

A var_dump of the query (without my patch) and the search results afterward gives:
string(28) "UNDELETED OR SUBJECT "[dev]""
bool(false)
string(28) "UNDELETED OR SUBJECT "[imp]""
bool(false)
string(29) "UNDELETED OR SUBJECT "[bugs]""
bool(false)
string(28) "UNDELETED OR SUBJECT "[cvs]""
bool(false)
string(30) "UNDELETED OR SUBJECT "[turba]""
bool(false)

When messages do exist that should be being found.

Enjoy

- Mike :-)

This mail sent from Mike's CVS HEAD install of IMP: http://horde.org/imp/