[imp] filtering order

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:53:49 -0600

Quoting Gwenn Gueguen <gwenn.gueguen@libertysurf.fr>:

| Hello,
|
| When filtering messages, "Filter Rules" are applied
| before "Blacklist".
|
| I thought messages from blacklisted senders would
| be deleted before applying filters...

This is expected behavior.  The filters are applied in the same order that
they were originally added.  _some_ filter rules may be applied before
_blacklist_, but this is not always the case.

Blacklist rules are stored exactly the same way as all other filters - the
only difference is that they are displayed differently.

I believe it has been this way for as long as I remember (when I redid the
filtering stuff, I'm pretty sure I didn't touch this behavior).  Thus,
displaying the blacklist rules separately from the other rules has the
disadvantage of not being able to move the order they are applied.

Comments/concerns/changes?

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder