[imp] GPL investigation favor

Joseph Brennan brennan@columbia.edu
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:38:21 -0400

--On Thursday, August 1, 2002 23:12 -0400 Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> These folks:
>
> http://www.icsnet.com/products/webmail/index.html
>
> ... appear to be selling IMP, and they won't return my emails about whether
> or not they're providing those they sell it the rights required by the
> license. Has anyone done business with them? Or maybe they'll respond to
> seomeone else (I was pretty forthright, hoping that good faith would be
> returned in kind ... oh well).

They've taken the icons, and the functions they claim for it are
the same.  ICWebMail (sic).

The parent company offers the product...
   http://www.villageworld.com/software/icwebmail.shtml
and I'm not sure who this is for
   http://webmail.villageworld.com/

This guy Brian Rogan says he wrote it in high school:
   http://www.ninjacode.com/
   http://ninjacode.com/listnet/
He links to http://webmail.villageworld.com/ as a demonstration,
with a test id and password.  He says he is employed by Villageworld
in Bohemia NY.  I am suspecting he missed the course in intellectual
honesty.  And he's an Eagle scout, too.

Joe Brennan