[imp] GPL investigation favor

Alain Williams addw@phcomp.co.uk
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:54:42 +0100

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:27:12AM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:
> Chuck and Jon,
>
> I've got a partner who is a good and experienced lawyer, that I am sure
> I could convince to write a letter even though he just left for vacation.
> He'll get bored on the beach and be looking for something to do:-)  He's
> shown interest in the OS licenses in the past.  If and when you feel that
> the time has come, let me know.
>
> BTW, is anyone aware of precedence in this type of situation?

This sort of thing comes up on slashdot.org every now and then, a quick search
yeilds:
	http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/02/2351251&mode=thread&tid=95
	http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/02/28/0053234&mode=thread&tid=123
	http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/11/23/2128203&mode=thread&tid=99
	http://www.opensource.org/site_index.php

If you want some practical help/advice, contact the Electronic Fontier Foundation:
	http://www.eff.org/
They have addresses many such violations and have a tame lawyer that writes
letters that seems to get the right results.

If you want a bit of support, you could contact slashdot.org, the result would
probably be a large amount of electronic vitriol being directed at the perpretators.

Good luck.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>