[imp] Cannot login into cyrus 2.1.5 with IMP 3.x

Christian Mayrhuber Christian.Mayrhuber@osiris.at
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:37:26 +0200

 Hi,

I seem to have a strange problem here with imp 3.x and cyrus 2.1.5,
hopefully someone can help me.
I testet my imp setup with a connection to a cyrus 1.6.24 server in the
same subnet and everything works like a champ, but as soon I change
the IP to the cyrus 2.1.5 server, the only message I'm getting from the
login screen is "Document contains no data."
The loglevel in horde.php is set to the maximum, but I don't get any
debug output in horde.log nor in the webservers error.log.

excerpt from horde.php:
-----------------------

$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;$conf['debug_level'] = E_ALL;

The cyrus 2.1.5 server is perfectly usable with outlook and mozilla,
the PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 auth methods work fine.
(testet with the imtest tool from the cyrus distribution)
I tried the PLAIN auth mechanism with telnet from a remote host and got a
successful login.

Horde authentication is disabled in favour of imp imap authentication.
I tried both imap and imap/notls protocol settings in servers.php, with
no luck.

Installed software:
==================
Horde Versions
Horde: 2.0
IMP: 3.0
Turba: 1.0
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.1.2
PHP Major Version: 4.1
PHP Minor Version: 2
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: Yes
MCAL Support: Yes
Mcrypt Support: No
MySQL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: Yes
XML Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 1
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes
Mail::RFC822 - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes

After I wasn't able to get a successful login with imp 3.0 I tried imp 3.1
installed to a different location, with the same result:
"Document contains no data."
The imp-3.1/test.php script fails with "Document contains no data.", too,
and again without a single line of debug output.

After I saw the "Document contains no data." posting from Joe Tseng I guess
I'm not alone.

Thanks in advance for any help about this topic.

--
WfG, Chris