[imp] PGP Keys Trouble

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:01:23 -0600

Quoting Lee Hughes <lee@hughesys.com>:

| My web host just installed the IMP PGP support and I can't get either the
| Public Key Import or the Private Key Generation to work. I am connected
| with an https session.
|
| Trying to import a public key gives "Invalid PGP Key" whether I include
| just the encrypted key text or the key with BEGIN/END lines.

Try a different key?

| Trying to generate private keys just hangs forever -- doesn't time out --
| just hangs.

Private key generation may take a _long_ time depending on the system.
Anyway - there isn't really much to go on here for me to look at.  Output
from the webserver error log/PGP command, PGP version, etc. would be great.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder