[imp] Strange "page not found" problems.

Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:48:48 -0500

Quoting Georgy Goshin <gosha@inbox.ee>:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
> >
> > Are you using ssl (https) connections?
>
> Yes, I'm using ssl connctions.

Check the list archives for info on this.  Specifically posts from me
and from "Nold".  Here is an excerpt from Nold:

Hello all,

If like me you had an error when using IMP on https about a blank screen after
login when your mailbox was empty, then here is a solution that worked fine for
me :

a value in httpd.conf stands like that :

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0

comment out this line: this line forces ie browser not to keep connexions
alive. IMP seems to need it.
I advice you to set a higher value in KeepAliveTimeout to avoid your browser to
display "document not found" sometimes when the default 15 seconds of idle time
is gone.
I set it to 300 (the same value as the connexion timeout)

I hope to have helped you throw, especially that we where lots to share this
problem for long with no assistance from the horde mailling list or developpers.

Regards
--
Nold

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage