[imp] Language problem

Kenjiro Tanaka kenjiro@brturbo.com
07 Aug 2002 08:38:15 -0300

	Hello there!

	I have finally installed Imp 3.1, Horde 2.1 and Turba 1.1.

	My problem lies on LANGUAGE. I have set Imp and Horde to with Brazilian
Portuguese (pt_BR) as the default language. However... this is the
problem I have been facing:

- On my workstation (Slackware Linux and Mozilla 1.0, both using English
as language) I always log in pt_BR (no matter the language I choose);

- The users (using Windows NT and IExplorer, both using portuguese as
language) always log in en_US (also no matter what language they
choose).

	Our server is running Red Hat 7.3 and IMP is working just fine, except
for the language issue.

	Here goes the lines I edited on Imp and Horde to set the language:

horde/config/lang.php
=====================

// The default language
$nls['defaults']['language'] = 'pt_BR';

// Languages section
$nls['languages']['en_US'] = 'English (US)';
$nls['languages']['pt_BR'] = 'Português Brasileiro';

// Aliases for languages
$nls['aliases']['br'] = 'pt_BR';

horde/config/prefs.php
=======================

// user language
$_prefs['language'] = array(
    'value' => 'pt_BR',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => _("Select your preferred language:")
);

horde/imp/config/prefs.php
==========================

// user language
// valid values can be found in horde/config/lang.php

$_prefs['language'] = array(
    'value' => 'pt_BR', // estava como 'value' => '',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => _("Select your preferred language:")
);

// End Language Functions

==================

	Am I missing anything here? I have even tried "turning on" the 'locked'
option (which, for what I understood, force the users to work with the
language set as default, right?). The problem still goes on.

	In short: What I really want is to set "our" Imp to work only in
Brazilian Portuguese (because of the users).

	Thanks for your time and attention.

	Kenjiro Tanaka
--
(http://www.kenjiro.brturbo.com)

There is no Emotion, there is Peace
There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge
There is no Passion, there is Serenity
There is no Death, there is the Force