[imp] What is JAWmail? How ot related to IMP?

Rudi Benkovič rudib@email.si
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:53:37 +0200

On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, 2:28:07 PM, Ibarra, Michael wrote:

> This looks like a TOTAL ripoff of Horde/Imp to me. I've visited
> the website and I did not even see any mention whatsoever to
> Horde, not even a thank you!

docs/README. It's a bit outdated, but ... It's there.

>  If you change the "theme" or
> skin/whatever, isn't it still technically Horde? Why don't you
> just start a "skins" frontend, or add a plug-in, or just rewrite
> your own app altogether?

THIS IS NOT HORDE OR IMP. It is written from the ground up. If you
don't know how the Open Source/Free Software development model goes,
please stop moanin'.

> Nonetheless, it seems like a far
> distant cousin to what the Horde Team has done lately, Good
> luck.

It's not a cousin. It's just a project that aims form similiar goals.
Is it wrong if it _looks_ similiar? Is the design of the user
interface of Horde copyrighted? No? Okay.

--

Rudi