[imp] Re: expand names on send?

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:47:28 -0400

> > With the new dynamic expansion code, is this still necessary?
>
> Haven't tried it.. but we need something that works with 3.1....

Ok... I've tried the automatic name expansion stuff.  It looks pretty slick
(much better than expand_on_send would be).  It doesn't work in NS4.x (prolly
not a big issue, but if you try it, you see "Expanding names..." in red next to
all of the recipient fields - that should just be hidden).

The thing I'm more concerned about is that it doesn't offer any useful
information if there are namespace collisions when searching.  It would be nice
if it would at least do that same thing that the "expand names" button does, and
offer you a selection, or if you could get Turba to stop searching if it finds
an exact match.

Our users are going to be able search their sql addressbooks, but it'll also
search our LDAP directory.  If I type "Sara" into the box, I want it to stop
when it finds a match in my SQL addressbook instead noting that match, and then
looking for cn=*sara* star in the LDAP directory (or at least "uid=sara", which
is what it'll currently do).

Liam