[imp] update question

Chris Swenson cswenson@students.curry.edu
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:17:42 -0400

I believe I just updated my horde and IMP from 3.0.1 to 3.1 and 2.0.1 to 2.1
and the various other packages associated.

I'm not sure if this is a blindingly stupid question or a real subtle one.

My original installs were done via rpm's.  When I updated my production server
I used tarballs, configured them in a seperate dir. and then copied them into
place.  Everything is working fine.  (If at first you suceed, try not to act
suprised)

My question is this: with an rpm I could type rpm -q whatever to find the
version.  How can I be sure I have the right version running now,  all the file
dates are what I expect.  I cannot rely on the RPM -q now.

(I have also updated all the packages listed on the horde readme.)
Thanks
--
Chris Swenson

         Visit us at http://www.curry.edu/welcome