[imp] Missing CLASS items

joho@poolia.se joho@poolia.se
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:13:55 +0200

(Latest stable release)

There are a number of places where a) The appropriate class has not been
applied to table cells to get a "box" look, and b) various items have
a tendency to clash horribly as far as their coloring goes.

For the help system, I suggest that all items be specific for the help
system. So "helpmenuitem", "helpheader", "helptext", "helpbody", etc.
would be a nice change. I suppose this actually applies to Horde itself.

For other places, I'd suggest having something like "headeritem" in place
of "menuitem" if a menu item actually appears in a header. I now have a
menu background of white, with red menu item text. The header is blue.
But when I look at a message, I have "Move/Copy" text in _red_ on blue ;)

Here are the places I have applied some changes (unless otherwise noted,
this is in IMP's template directory) - use/discard as you wish (of course
:-)

login/login.inc
  Main table, cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"

  The TD holding the username input field, should be CLASS="light"

  The TD holding the password input field, should be CLASS="light"

  The TD holding the folders input field, should be CLASS="light"

  The TD holding the   down by the button should be CLASS="light"

  Also, I would recommend that HIDDEN input fields be placed outside of
  a <TR>. This deal with having empty cells containing only HIDDEN
  input fields actually generates space (and possibly an empty line which
  breaks the "box look") in many versions of MSIE.

  Also, on this screen the field headings are not followed by a ':' (colon),
  but if you click on a message in IMP, the "From", "To", etc headers are.

message/message.inc
  A nice box effect around the message space can be obtained by setting
  the cellspacing of the inner (second) table definition to "1" and a
  background color of "black" without resorting to using STYLE..

  I think the outer table should be classed "msgviewouter" and the inner
  table classed "msgviewinner" to allow further customization.

message/navbar_aux_top.inc
  CLASS="smallheader" is used here, I have replaced it with CLASS="header"

message/navbar_aux_bottom.inc
  CLASS="smallheader" is used here, I have replaced it with CLASS="header"

compose/bounce.inc
  Outer table, cellspacing="0"

  Second TR, CLASS="light"

  Within that TR, second TD, CLASS="light" instead of "item"

  Third TR, CLASS="light"

  Within that TR, both TD:s, CLASS="light"

  Also, on this screen the field headings are not followed by a ':' (colon),
  but if you click on a message in IMP, the "From", "To", etc headers are.

  Also, on this screen, are there plans to allow the use of the address book
  here?

compose/compose.inc
  First table, cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"

  Buttons row, table, tr:s and td:s, CLASS="light"

  Remainder of table:s, tr:s, and td:s, CLASS="light" down to the
attachments
  header. Also added cellspacing="0" where cellspacing was missing. The
  exception is the "control" space where the addressbook, etc. items are
  displayed. The only cell I set to "light" there is the help item.

  The textarea _row_ is also set to "light".

  Buttons row below textarea, CLASS="light"

  Cell with browse input field (FILE), CLASS="light" as well as help cell.

  When showing attachments, the empty cell to the left of the "control"
area,
  CLASS="light", and the help cell to the right of the control area,
CLASS="light"

  Also, on this screen the field headings are not followed by a ':' (colon),
  but if you click on a message in IMP, the "From", "To", etc headers are.

contacts/contacts.inc
  First table, first TR, CLASS="header"

  Also, on this screen the field headings are not followed by a ':' (colon),
  but if you click on a message in IMP, the "From", "To", etc headers are.

  TR (and cells within it) that shows search results and selected
recipients,
  CLASS="light"

filters/list.inc
   cellspacing="0" where missing.

   The empty cell, to the left of the buttons row under existing rules,
   CLASS="header"

filters/manage.inc
   cellspacing="0" where missing.

   The empty cell, to the left of the buttons row, CLASS="header"

search/main.inc
   Button row immediately after header, CLASS="light"

   In second section (fields), replace CLASS="itemX" with CLASS="light"

   First cell in third section (message flags), CLASS="light"

   All message flag cells, CLASS="item"

   Left cells (they are in two rows) in fourth section (folders),
   CLASS="light"

   Last button row, CLASS="light"

  Also, on this screen the field headings are not followed by a ':' (colon),
  but if you click on a message in IMP, the "From", "To", etc headers are.

  Also, on this screen, I'd do a ucfirst (strtolower ()) on the month names.

In message view, it becomes fairly obvious that it'd be nice to be able
to specify the bottom frame height when IMP is used in the HORDE frame-
work. Long messages tend to "connect" to the bottom HORDE menu, some
extra spacing would be nice.

Also, in a number of places, cellspacing is used in favor of cellpadding
(or, as in the case with login.inc, neither is specified).

When attempting to get a smooth box look, it is rather annoying to get
"divider" lines between the cells. This, I realize, is subject to personal
taste.

in view.php, no document background color is set when viewing the actual
message source. I corrected this for IMP 2.x at some point, but probably
didn't submit it. I am probably the only one in the world using a non-
default background color (I do this to spot missing BGCOLOR tags and you'd
be surprised in how many web pages this is missing). So.. maybe it's not
all that critical ;)

___
 .: +46 70 7745707
 .: Domo arigato gozaimashita
 .: At the end of a smile, there is a laugh and a 1/2