[imp] re: redirect.php / customized login (was unqualified email addresshandling in HEAD..)

Emily A. Carl emilyac@wanet.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:13:35 -0700

> Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu>:
>
> > How does the normal "prefered" mechanism work then?  I didn't think I was
> > doing anything particularly special... We've got 3 different IMAP services
> > we need to talk to, each service only accessed by specific hostnames.  We
> > want to skip the login screen because we're taking care of that
> > elsewhere..
> >
> > How do I fetch the appropriate information from the matching entry in
> > config/servers.php?
>
> Take a look at imp/lib/Session.php, IMP_Session::create() ...
>
> -chuck

I believe the normal 'preferred' mechanism is to set the 'server' form
variable to one of the servers defined in servers.php (e.g. 'imap', 'cyrus',....
or in your case you may have defined 'imap1', 'imap2', and 'imap3' with
appropriate port,protocol,maildomain,... settings).

Try in imp/conf.php
   $conf['server']['server_list'] = 'hidden';

and set your 'server' form variable (input to redirect.php) to one
of the server entries in config/servers.php (e.g. 'imap1', ....).

Are you already doing this?

Emily.