[imp] Using vinfo in IMP 3.1

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:53:03 -0700

Quoting Eli <eli@experthost.com>:

 | I am trying to set up IMP for a webhosting company that also does email,
 | and we need some way to allow users to simply log in by using their
 | email address and password.
 |
 | I was told about the vinfo stuff, and I took a look at it, but I'm at a
 | loss of how to get the login info the user specifies.  I know PHP, so I
 | can write the code myself, but I don't have a clue where to get/store
 | the data that I'd be parsing.
 |
 | I need to know how to access the data the person gives at the login page
 | (the username) so I can parse it, and then I need to know where I can
 | store the following pieces of data I would get from parsing it:  the
 | server, the maildomain, and the smtphost.  Also, I wonder if I would
 | just be editing the settings for a pre-defined server from the
 | servers.conf, or what?  The server type would be IMAP, and right now I
 | have all the example servers commented out.

You're there.  Basically all the information that you need for Horde/IMP
is in the form of examples in the configuration files.  I think it is
quite clear.  If there is something you don't understand, please ask
a specific question and I'm sure someone will answer it.  That makes more
sense than trying to cover all the potential solutions.

ed