[imp] older browsers and auto_expand...

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:25:42 -0400

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 08:06:38AM +0200, Bjrn Ove Grtan wrote:

> > At the very least, we need to hide the red words.  Maybe even
> > notify users with these browsers that auto expandsion won't work
> > for them (and disallow it in the preferences screen).  How do we
> > identify the effected browsers?  MSIE and Mozilla with a major
> > version number >= 5?  Is anyone else working on this?
>
> Read http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-browser.php PHP-users
> have posted quite some examples you can use there.

Unfortunately, that requires a browsecap file (or something similar).
Our browser detection library is pretty strong and does not require
such external dependencies (hurray!).

What we need is more along the lines of a list of browsers that
support (or don't support) this feature so that we can perhaps create
a new "quirk" that can be evaluated at runtime.  Does anyone have such
a list (browsecap does not appear to include this information)?

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)