[imp] Error viewing a message in search results

Igor Stroh stroh@scan-plus.de
15 Aug 2002 11:15:16 +0200

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
On Mit, 2002-08-14 at 21:20, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> You didn't analyze the $imp variable at the correct location.  After=20
> searching is completed and the mailbox is rebuilt with the new search=20
> information, the $imp['msgl'] varaible will look like this:
>=20
> 5|INBOX.Testing1:6|INBOX.Testing1:5|INBOX.Testing2:6|INBOX.Testing2

I mixed up the stuff from current CVS and my own older CVS version :)

> So duplicate message indexes are OK here since they are paired with the=20
> correct mailbox.
>=20
> The problem comes later in IMP_Message when the indexes are stored in an=20
> array separate from mailbox information.  You are correct to notice that =
we=20
> do a simple array_search() call to match up the index to the array positi=
on=20
> of the $_sorted variable.  This is bad for search results and needs to be=
=20
> fixed.  I am currently in the process of moving all mailbox handling stuf=
f=20
> over to IMP_Mailbox, so I will finish that first and then correct the=20
> problem after that.

could you give me a hint where I should look at? I need the stuff to
work pretty soon and would like to try to fix it by myself, since you're
busy with code sweeping...

greetings,
Igor

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment