[imp] Viewing of attached or inline images doesn't work in HEAD

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:24:20 -0400

Quoting Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers@lauwerscollege.nl>:

> With the latest CVS the viewing of attached or inline images doesn't work
> anymore. A bug? or did I miss something :(

Confirmed; this is because the MIME_Viewer framework is currently broken.
The IMP-specific viewers want their getType() method to be passed an
IMP_Contents object; however, because this parameter is required, it means
that you can't pass an IMP-specific Viewer to a non-IMP portion of the
framework and have it work correctly.

So, the IMP-specific viewers need not to require that parameter, either by
not taking it by reference, or by having it set as an object property when
they are created, and knowing to reference it in their getType() methods if
it's there, while still behaving reasonably if it isn't.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>