[imp] Problem of horde/docs/INSTALL and imp/docs/INSTALL

EdwardSPL@ita.org.mo EdwardSPL@ita.org.mo
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:18:09 +0800

I'm a new user to use IMP 3.1, but I don't understand the means of the
following description :

horde/docs/INSTALL :

Documentation on the format of those files can be found in each file.
You must at least complete the "Preferences System Settings" section of
horde.php and provide paths to helper applications in mime_drivers.php.
Configuration of applications in registry.php is documented in the
INSTALL file of each application.

How to modify horde.php and registry.php ?

The other files in that directory need only be modified if you wish to
customize Horde's appearance or behaviour -- the defaults will work at
most sites.

Is there any documentation for users to modified ?

imp/docs/INSTALL :

a. Register the application
In horde/config/registry.php, uncomment the stanza for IMP. Be sure to
uncomment the ");" on the last line of the stanza.
If you have changed the location of IMP relative to Horde, either in the
URL or in the filesystem or both, you must
update the 'fileroot' and 'webroot' settings to their correct values.

b. Optional: Enable IMP authentication
If you would prefer that your users authenticate directly with IMP,
without having to authenticate through Horde first, uncomment the lines

$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

near the top of horde/config/registry.php.

YOU WILL HAVE TO LOG IN TWICE IF YOU DON'T DO THIS.

Does means if I don't umcomment, must I login twice time ?

2. Configuring IMP.
You must at least configure IMP in conf.php and list your IMAP/POP3
server names in servers.php (unless you demand that the user specify his
own).

How to modify conf.php and servers.php ?

The other files in config/ need only be modified if you wish to
customize IMP's appearance or behavior, as the defaults will
be correct for most sites.

Is there any documentation for users to modified ?

Thank for your help about this all !

Edward.