[imp] IMP 3.x with RedHat Linux 6.x system

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:20:43 -0500

Quoting EdwardSPL@ita.org.mo:

> Dear All,
>
> Does IMP 3.x can't good for working under Redhat Linux 6.x really ?

I've run it under RH 6.1 for 2-3 years now without any problems.

> I found there is more users ( system admin ) they are using IMP 3.x
> system under Redhat Linux 7.x...

Probably because most questions are about new installs, and most new installs
will be on new OS versions.  People who installed it years ago and have enjoyed
it just working ever since don't talk much about it.

> If so, would you recommend me install IMP 3.x under RH 7.x directory ?

Doesn't matter.  All things being equal I'd recommend using RH 7.2 or RH 7.3
since they are the current OS.  But if you already have a good RH 6.x system
running and don't want to upgrade, Horde/IMP will work fine under it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage