[imp] IMP 3.x under Redhat Linux system

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 16:08:40 -0500

Quoting EdwardSPL@ita.org.mo:

> > For a very good collection of rpms, see http://rpms.arvin.dk/ for php just
> > installed the rpms for the modules that you want.

For what it is worth, I second this!  Great RPMS, updated often.  And he
supplies any needed supporting RPMS as well.

> If I want to enable the options ( eg : --enable-ftp, --with-gd,
> --with-gettext,
> --with-memory-limit etc ), does the rpms packages of php are suitable for me
> ?

Any decent RPM distribution (redhat, arvin's, etc) will provide all the
major options enabled.  If you install the package for the option, it
should be enabled.  You may need to load it by adding an "extensions=module.so"
type line to your /etc/php.ini file if the RPM doesn't do that for you (see
my previous message) but other than that it should work.  I use both RedHat
and Arvin's packages, and they both work flawlessy, and both support all
major options (ftp, imap, gettext, ldap, etc).

I'm not familiar with the --with-memory-limit config option, so I can't
speak directly to that, but the others you list are all availble in Arvin's
RPMS.  I know RedHat supports most, if not all, of them, just not sure about
the gd support from RedHat.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage