[imp] Mail not showing up

V93r gert@test.at
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:18:55 +0200

please specify your system & versions..

i did not find any hints, the only one is from the README.debian for
c-client-ssl2001:

>3.  Default mailbox location
>
>As of version 4.5-8, the mailbox root is back to being $HOME.  I apologize
>for the inconvenience I have caused, but however I keep it, it is going to
>annoy someone or the other.  $HOME is better because:
>
>1) most of the bug reports complain about it.
>2) That's what the upstream distribution does.  So it's less of a
>    maintenance headache for me.
>3) It's what most people expect (Principle of least surprise.)
>4) The reasoning behind the previous change was bogus anyway.
>
>Please be sure to check your setup to see if there is anything that might
>be affected by this change.  (Procmail rules are onething that immediately
>comes to mind.
>
>One problem with $HOME being the mailbox root is every file in that
>directory will show up as a folder by default.  To reduce clutter select
>your imap clients "Show only subscribed folders" option.  (Most clients
>have one.)  Most also have an option to set "server path" or something
>similar.  You can set this to $HOME/mail or another directory of your
>choosing if you want to keep all your folders together in one place.
>
>If you really, really want to make the IMAP server set the mailbox root to
>$HOME/mail or any other place for that matter, see the toplevel Makefile
>in the source, set MAILSUBDIR to your choice and recompile.

if i run horde/test.php -> IMP tests & login to my server, i get:

server="localhost" user="gert" mailbox="{localhost:143}INBOX"
INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

i dont know if this is only on debian, since the other people who
reported the same behaviour did not specify their systems.

also i dont know how to change this in IMP.

a little bit frustrating..