[imp] unserialize() failed in Tree.php

Akom lists@akom2.2y.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:28:19 -0400

Hello all,

I've installed all up to date CVS code in an attempt to cure this error (I had
3.0 and 3.1 releases out of rpms before), but it still seems to occur:

Notice:  unserialize() failed at offset 5 of 50 bytes
in /var/www/htmls/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 413

(here are my contents:)
--------------
    411         $serialized = $prefs->getValue('expanded_folders');
    412         if ($serialized) {
    413             $expanded = unserialize($serialized);
    414         } else {
    415             $expanded = array();
    416         }
---------------

This is the content of my expanded_folders cell in the table:
a:1:{s:30:"{localhost:143/imap/notls}mail";b:1;}

I get this on the folders page, and it seems to preclude folders other than
INBOX from getting checked for new mail.  This doesn't always happen though,
which makes it so the more annoying.  Pretty much every time I change something
in my mysql db, everything starts to work fine, but after some time/some number
of logins, this will begin to occur.  After some time I've had it go back to
normal again, but I cannot figure out what it coincides with.

Another thing which seems to coincide 100% with this occurence is the loss of
identities (except default).  Everything is still in the tables, but the app
will not show them.

I've verified that at the rare times when everything does work, the contents of
the table horde_prefs, specifically the "expand_folders" item is the same as
when it doesn't work.

In addition to installing everything completely fresh out of CVS, I created all
new tables from scratch with the schemas out of CVS as well.  The behavior was
unchanged from my experiences with 3.0 and 3.1 (Except I started getting some
Auth.php errors (also unserialize I think) which I worked around by setting
logging to none in that file since everything else works fine)

I am now unsure about what else I can provide, but I am starting to wonder
whether this could be a php or mysql issue...  However, I've upgraded from
Mandrake 8.1 to 8.2 and now it is a clean install of Mandrake 9.0 beta and
clearly both php and mysql have changed.

Any help would be appreaciated, or let me know what else I can provide,

Akom