[imp] Edit the "from_addr" field by hand for one identity

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:00:19 +0200

Zitat von Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:

> We are not allowing users to change their "from_addr". In
> imp/config/prefs.php this locked => 'true'.
>
> However, there is an exception, and I would like to be able to change
> the from_addr field for a single user's configuration.
>
> So, I dumped the record into an outfile from MySQL. I modified the
> "from_addr" field, I changed the string length. Then I deleted the
> original record from MySQL, and did a 'load data infile ...' to bring
> the record back into the user's preferences. But, the only identity
> that is displayed now is "default".  I checked the session file, and
> the identity information is there, so I presume it is somehow
> unusable.

you have to change the from address inside the serialized array in the
identities preference. If you don't know how the serialization works you
should use a little php script that runs unserialize(), changes the array
and runs serialize().

Jan.